
In early August Mike and I helped my good friend Zeenia move into her new place in Baltimore.

After we got her settled we went sight-seeing in the Baltimore Harbor. I hadn't been sightseeing in Baltimore in years and Mike had never been so it was great to walk around and point out all the fun sights.

We wandered around and looked at all the boats that are permanently anchored in the various sections of the harbor, many of which were very historic.

This was submarine was one of my favorite things to see in the harbor. I especially loved the painting on the front of it - shark teeth!


One thing I really want to come back and see is the National Aquarium at the Baltimore Harbor; it's the match to the National Aquarium in Washington DC (which is tucked away in this random basement below the EPA and across the street from Ronald Reagan Building which houses USAID). Supposedly it is one of the best around.

My other favorite things about touring the harbor was the sea-dragon paddle boats. They were all different colors and they just bobbed along in the gentle waves. Everyone in them looked like they were having such a good time, and the people in the regular paddle boats kept looking from side to side at what they were missing out!
No comments:
Post a Comment