Monday, March 8, 2010

Snow??



I'm going to use tonight to go over everything I've been up to since Mike and I moved to DC in late January...

SNOW SNOW SNOW and MORE SNOW!

Early February brought "snowmageddon" (so dubbed by President Obama), and Mike and I were quickly inducted into the Snow Fall Hall of Fame. Above are some pictures of our apartment complex mid-blizzard, as well as what my car looked like out in the open-air parking lot post-storm. Thankfully our apartment is incredibly well insulated; and being on the third floor of four in a relatively new apartment we have yet to even turn on the heater! (Some days I wake up in the morning and its 75 or 80 degrees in the house!!)

The snow is an amazing thing to watch, but after about 2 feet it becomes incredibly annoying. That coupled with the fact that its FREEZING!! The cold has definitely taken some getting used to, and now that I have somewhat mastered the ability to dress warm enough, it is finally becoming warmer (sigh). It may take me a few winter seasons to get used to all this cold and ice and snow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Honey...one NEVER gets used to the cold, but the snow sure is pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete